Reverse Exposing

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo prepress environment.

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Reverse Exposing

Postby flexman » Wed May 18, 2011 12:14 am

Hello,

As a standard practice, all of us (probably) do the back exposure before main (face) exposure while making the plate.
What will happen if back exposure given after face exposure?
Is any one doing this?
What will be the pros & cons in this sequence of exposures.

Thanks,
Flexman.
flexman

Re: Reverse Exposing

Postby exflexo » Thu May 26, 2011 12:29 am

I really don't think there would be any benefit from performing a back exposure after the main (front). The purpose of the back exposure is to expose enough polymer to build a floor sufficient to support the graphic elements on the opposite side. The only thing I think would be accomplished by doing the back exposure second is possibly damaging the front of the plate by flipping it on its face. In general the back exposure is done with the protective cover sheet in place... if you do it second, that protective sheet is no longer there. I can't think of a single benefit of doing it in reverse order.
exflexo

Re: Reverse Exposing

Postby justflexo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Agreed with Exflexo, besides the possibility of damaging the image area if doing the reverse exposing, there may be other chance of altering the time to do the Back Expose as the photopolymer has been exposed to the oxygen during Face Expose comparing to exposing the plate with cover sheet intact.
justflexo

Return to Prepress