color proof to press

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo prepress environment.

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Re: color proof to press

Postby Frank Burgos » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:59 am

exflexo,

Thank you for your continued, excellent participation on this forum. I learn so much from you through your many, varied posts and I have no doubt that others here do, too. I can't thank you enough.

Frank
Frank Burgos
Site Admin

Postby exflexo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:29 pm

No problem Frank, it is definitely my pleasure to have a forum like this to learn and provide assistance. My current gig (in corrugated) keeps me on the low end of the printing spectrum (no offense intended to other folks in the corrugated industry), so this forum has been a great place to keep my skills sharp and keep up on new technology. Thanks!
exflexo

Postby Frank Burgos » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:32 pm

You bet.

Coincidentally, I saw my first corrugated machine about a month ago in Connecticut. They had a printing-related problem and called me in to assist. I feel for you guys. Corrugated is a painful substrate! However, the machinery is very cool.

Frank
Frank Burgos
Site Admin

Postby jonprintz » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:52 am

Exflexo has explained the best process very well. This is similar to the processes we use in each of our pressrooms. The same approach will work in each print method. The curves built from the data in prepress are tailored to the particular job stock and print method. The proofing system we use is ORIS and color match to the proof across the board is very good. It takes a lot of work to get to that point.

Jonathan
jonprintz

Previous

Return to Prepress