Some common courtesy

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Some common courtesy

Postby Gorilla Printer » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:16 am

I would like to see more of the above used.If anyone decides to seek help and post a question ,be prepared to reply to replies.Also post when you've found your answer and action.Don't just leave repliers hanging.After all it was you asking for help in the first place.Even a short thanks is welcomed.

I'm sure others feel the same where they give of their time and provide advice only to see months down the track there is no reply/update .

OK,rant over

Cheers
Last edited by Gorilla Printer on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gorilla Printer

Re: Some common courtesy

Postby Gory » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:41 pm

I'm looking for the 'like' button. Couldn't agree more.
Gory

Postby Gorilla Printer » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:58 am

Gory wrote:I'm looking for the 'like' button. Couldn't agree more.

Thanks Gory
Gorilla Printer

Postby sharbel abdo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:43 am

Couldn't agree more, too.
thanks.
sharbel abdo

Postby BMS » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:14 pm

It's a sad day indeed when something like this has to be "asked" for. Two thumbs up for for this post.
BMS

Postby TexMaintMan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:59 pm

no doubt... Idk how many times I have replied to someone asking for help only to have it left hanging...
TexMaintMan

Postby Frank Burgos » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:41 am

If nothing else, it seems like good protocol to me, Gorilla. If the person asking for help doesn't correspond, we don't know if they're reading the advice.

I don't expect it to change, much. It's reality. So, I look at it on the bright side: The content is still good and there are others that may benefit from it.

As the board moderator, perhaps I can, indeed, moderate and touch base with said persons, in real time. I apologize for it not having already been the case, and for if I slip a little, but I am always running all over the place and it's a challenge.

Thanks for your contributions. You guys know I deeply appreciate them.

Best regards,
Frank
Frank Burgos
Site Admin

Postby Gorilla Printer » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:03 pm

Gorilla Printer

Postby Fuzz » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:10 pm

you trying to tell us something. :wink: LOL
Fuzz

Postby Leadpress » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:12 pm

I apologize on my own behalf. I do however agree with Frank; I am guilty of asking and not responding right away, but that's because I have an extremely limited window of opportunity. I'm usually tied up, but I do go and believe it or not, look at old old posts, just to see if anyone has added any comments. I don't like leaving people hanging, but there are many times that I'm in a hurry, and I'll get a chance to post, then I have to go back, and sometimes, I don't even see the replies until a week or more later. That's just reality. But I ask, because I know that there are very skilled people on this page who have very good advice, and I ask because I know that I'll get an answer. So, if I don't reply right away, it's because I haven't been away from the presses. I do, however, appreciate your all's help. God Bless.
Leadpress

Postby Gorilla Printer » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:07 pm

Fuzz wrote:you trying to tell us something. :wink: LOL

Lol. I messaged the guy the other week asking for the root cause and fix-just a few sentences. He said call. I went bro I'm in NZ. He went oh that's nice lol. I gave him a week, he didn't write back which is his choice, just as it's my choice to leave the post here. All good :wink:
I understand we all work, are busy and even forget. But if anyone PMs me for information I get back. Hell, In the two interactions we had the question could have been answered :smile:

Have a good one Fuzz!
Gorilla Printer

Postby Gorilla Printer » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:13 pm

All Good Leadpress
Totally understand bro.
One time I wasn't on here for months and months,

Gorilla
Gorilla Printer

Postby Frank Burgos » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:07 am

By the way, guys; yesterday, I tried to fix the emojis on this board. In the control panel, I have always had like and other icons made available, but they don't show up as choices. Only the ones you currently see to the right of when your posting are available. So, I have to go into the files on the server and see what's going on. It's on the list. Hang on, Gory! :smile:
Frank Burgos
Site Admin

Return to Pressroom