Flexo Printing Sleeve

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Flexo Printing Sleeve

Postby amcrieck » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:34 pm

Hi all,

My company just invested flexo printing machine from W&H as in-house support and I've been appointed as the project leader.
I need your knowledge for flexo printing sleeve as I find it hard to understand.

You can see below image, I have to fill in this table to order the printing sleeve.

Please help to explain what's inside the image for me to cope and understand it better.
Thank you in advance for your kind support !
amcrieck

Re: Flexo Printing Sleeve

Postby Leadpress » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:30 pm

Amcrieck! We have sleeves where I work. If you ask the person that sold you the press, they should be able to provide you the information; also, ask your graphics department about plate thickness. As far as all the info on measurements and stuff, the makers of the press should be able to provide you this information,.
Leadpress

Re: Flexo Printing Sleeve

Postby RedsInABox » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:29 am

Leadpress wrote:Amcrieck! We have sleeves where I work. If you ask the person that sold you the press, they should be able to provide you the information; also, ask your graphics department about plate thickness. As far as all the info on measurements and stuff, the makers of the press should be able to provide you this information,.

I agree with Leadpress, W&H will supply your with the OD on their plate and anilox mandrels as well as the sleeve length. I would suggest you go this route, as measuring backstop to mandrel end and hitting them with a caliper for the circumference will not give you precise readings. Sleeve OD and repeat length are dependent on each other and also dependent on customer requirement. I would imagine plate thickness would be .067 but I'm not sure if this is necessarily industry standard and could be suited to your needs. W&H makes excellent presses and has very good customer support given you can deal with a bit of German dialect.
RedsInABox

Return to Pressroom