printing issue in the plate

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

alaa

printing issue in the plate

Post by alaa »

good evening all i have aproblem with this halftone i have alot of pin hole in the screen and i repeat the plate three time at different places and change the anilox and the adhesive double tape and the result is the same .. i need asolution for this defect
thank all
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-14 at 3.45.30 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-14 at 3.45.30 PM.jpeg (31.71 KiB) Viewed 253 times
iteachflexo

Re: printing issue in the plate

Post by iteachflexo »

I think this is a plate issue, and a press issue. Are you making your own plates in house? Is this a analog or digital plate? What is the floor height?
Gorilla Printer

Post by Gorilla Printer »

iteachflexo wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:54 am I think this is a plate issue, and a press issue. Are you making your own plates in house? Is this a analog or digital plate? What is the floor height?
In this position, as a process of elimination, to prove to myself it could be a plate issue, I'd run image area between my finger and thumb to see if I can feel a difference in surface texture. If there isn't any, my next step would be to try a firmer sticky back. My "clue" and theory to prove wrong is that the rectangular image on the left has what looks to be a lack of ink transfer on the edge of its image. Yet the circle edges look like perfect impression?

I'd try these quick experiments before looking at the plate with confidence.

That's my two cents worth

Cheers

Gorilla
alaa

Post by alaa »

thanks but i test ahard tape and is the same , its analog plate >
longtimefan

Post by longtimefan »

alaa wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:09 pm thanks but i test ahard tape and is the same , its analog plate >
Digicap plate.
iteachflexo

Post by iteachflexo »

"thanks but i test ahard tape and is the same , its analog plate >" So, if this is an analog plate, that means you are making plates using a negative. When making the plate, did you increase the exposure time on the back to increase the floor height? If that does not help, you should look at getting a digital plate made.