Bearer Bars

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Re: Bearer Bars

Postby Gorilla Printer » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:59 pm

@Brian
Thanks for replying. The photo of the ChannalBAC is amazing. I have never seen tape look like that before? Actually, was there a significant reduction in bounce after using the tape?
You reminded me to go back and test using our#2 station, as that was where we got the least amount of bounce.
I think it was Andy who mentioned finding the best station.
Thanks again

Cheers

Gorilla
Gorilla Printer

Postby Gorilla Printer » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:12 am

Update:Got back to work today and my manager called me over.
He had been speaking to our press supplies guy about our problem.

Well what do you know, the supplier suggested Kodak digicap plates to reduce bounce and even a GTT roller lol

My bloody boss is making a liar out of me.
His reason for considering both, is that if we can get an extra 20 m/m, it will easily justify the spend?

Cheers

Gorilla
Last edited by Gorilla Printer on Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gorilla Printer

Postby longtimefan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:41 am

Gorilla Printer wrote:Update:Got back to work today and my manager called me over.
He had been speaking to our press supplies guy about our problem.

Well what do you know, the supplier suggested Kodak digicap plates to reduce bounce and even a GTT roller lol

My bloody is boss making a liar out of me.
His reason for considering both, is that if we can get an extra 20 m/m, it will easily justify the spend?

Cheers

Gorilla

May need two sets of plates like I mentioned b4. As far as station.. I had similar issue..I think deck 5,or 6 worked best.
longtimefan

Postby Brian » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:39 pm

Gorilla Printer wrote:@Brian
Thanks for replying. The photo of the ChannalBAC is amazing. I have never seen tape look like that before? Actually, was there a significant reduction in bounce after using the tape?
You reminded me to go back and test using our#2 station, as that was where we got the least amount of bounce.
I think it was Andy who mentioned finding the best station.
Thanks again

Cheers

Gorilla

By utilizing the ChannalBac and decks 3 and 8 on one particular job we went from being stuck at 400 fpm to running consistently at 800 fpm. Well worth the investment of a slightly more expensive backing. We stock it now and use it as needed.
Brian

Postby Gorilla Printer » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:42 pm

Hi longtimefan

I am wondering why one would need two plates. It sounds like one plate might not do the job?.
It could be the same reason why our supplier suggested the one plate with a GTT anilox.
Incorporating 2 stations, seems a bit inefficient?

Cheers

Gorilla
Gorilla Printer

Postby longtimefan » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:34 am

Gorilla Printer wrote:Hi longtimefan

I am wondering why one would need two plates. It sounds like one plate might not do the job?.
It could be the same reason why our supplier suggested the one plate with a GTT anilox.
Incorporating 2 stations, seems a bit inefficient?

Cheers

Gorilla

My rationale is that if using a kodak digicap it might be to grainy..( Ive used those plates for a solid mcdonalds brown back ground and was fine) but since I cant see yours 1st hand it was a suggestion. Maybe your solid woild be grainy and needed a bump
longtimefan

Previous

Return to Pressroom