Allstein Press

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

Richprints

Allstein Press

Post by Richprints »

We are a packaging printer looking into purchasing a new wide web (67") flexo press. Can anyone give any feedback on Allstein CI presses?
Frank Burgos
Site Admin

Re: Allstein Press

Post by Frank Burgos »

This past June 6, I "celebrated" 43 years as a flexographer. This is the first time I have heard of Allstien. That said, I don't know them all, so it's not an indictment against them.

I had a look around their web site. One encouraging thing is that they are German machines. That usually means robust and effective.

I also looked at a YouTube video. They look like they know what they're doing.

I have a handful of clients that have purchased extremely inexpensive flexo presses from China and India. They are paying dearly for it. The construction shortcomings are obvious. The Allstein appears to be very well constructed.
Richprints

Post by Richprints »

Thanks Frank, I also have been in flexo more than 40 years and had never heard of Allstein either.
sharbel abdo

Post by sharbel abdo »

When Bobst acquired Fischer & Krecke, some of the laid off engineers and personnel started Allstein.
Their first company location was in Bielefeld, the same town where F&K, now Bobst is based.
Frank is right, they know what they are doing. Long experience
Gory

Post by Gory »

Did you end up going with Allstein? If so, how do you rate them?
Thank you
Richprints

Post by Richprints »

the powers that be decided on a Tresu with dual print decks for non stop make readies. I haven't seen it yet, just videos.
Frank Burgos
Site Admin

Post by Frank Burgos »

I can't tell you any details, but I have a client with a Tresu. It is, by far, the most incredible, serious beast I have ever seen, in a good way. I can't speak to operating it, but I appreciate what it does.
Gory

Post by Gory »

Thank you for the replies Richprints and Frank