Chambered dr blades

Ask or answer questions related to the flexo pressroom environment

Moderator: Frank Burgos

MShalna

Chambered dr blades

Post by MShalna »

Hello fellow printers...I am seeking advice on dr blade specs/brands that anyone might have based on their experience with chambered dr blade units. It is my understanding that the metering blade should be more firm/rigid whereas the containment blade should be more flexible. How much more? Is there a value that anyone goes by when ordering these 2 types of blades? Do you use 2 different materials (steel/plastic etc.)?

Anyway, any advice would be helpful. The chambered units that I'll be using in the near future are about 52" wide. They will be the units that come with the 51" wide BOBST Vision CI press.
longtimefan

Re: Chambered dr blades

Post by longtimefan »

Does this boobst have the bladder system?
MShalna

Post by MShalna »

longtimefan wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:00 am Does this boobst have the bladder system?
Not sure. It does have pneumatic ink pumps...
longtimefan

Post by longtimefan »

MShalna wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:26 pm
longtimefan wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:00 am Does this boobst have the bladder system?
Bladders for the chamber blade units
MShalna

Post by MShalna »

longtimefan wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:47 am
I don't believe so...It is a quick change chamber that can be removed and worked on outside the press...Really all I know..
longtimefan

Post by longtimefan »

MShalna wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:45 am

I don't believe so...It is a quick change chamber that can be removed and worked on outside the press...Really all I know..
Ours are bladders . It’s a nice set up and fast changing in press. But when blades go you need to tear apart the entire unit

You can see the air fitting . Black things poking out are the blades

You connect airline to the fitting the steel pieces with x’s on them raise up and blades pop out

image.jpg
image.jpg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 1308 times
MShalna

Post by MShalna »

longtimefan wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:20 pm
MShalna wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:45 am
Ours are bladders . It’s a nice set up and fast changing in press. But when blades go you need to tear apart the entire unit

You can see the air fitting . Black things poking out are the blades

You connect airline to the fitting the steel pieces with x’s on them raise up and blades pop out

image.jpg
I recently got to see a live presentation of the press...The chambers do not have a bladder system.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Hi
We have just trailed swedev blades we are using a chamberd system.
Very good blade and great support from the guy selling them good price too :smile: .
where are you in the world
MShalna

Post by MShalna »

bubbles wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:20 am Hi
We have just trailed swedev blades we are using a chamberd system.
Very good blade and great support from the guy selling them good price too :smile: .
where are you in the world
Thanks, I'll look them up...
We are located in the Northeast USA
Printerman513

Post by Printerman513 »

depending on what you're printing with i find the daetwyler gamutstar for high LPI or starlife/optilife for low LPI. surprisingly pearlescent/high grit inks last 10x as long with starlife coatings and optilife coatings work 10x as long with slip inks/channeled anilox. which type of anilox and volume/density are you looking to acheive? and is this narrow/wide web?
MShalna

Post by MShalna »

Printerman513 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:48 am depending on what you're printing with i find the daetwyler gamutstar for high LPI or starlife/optilife for low LPI. surprisingly pearlescent/high grit inks last 10x as long with starlife coatings and optilife coatings work 10x as long with slip inks/channeled anilox. which type of anilox and volume/density are you looking to acheive? and is this narrow/wide web?
Thanks for the advice. It will be wide web (50" print width) We plan on using high line screen aniloxes initially. We did purchase a 700 and 800 line screen for trialing...Nothing to heavy for coating...for now.
Printerman513

Post by Printerman513 »

good blades with a good coating are well worth the money IMO, daetwyler has never steered me wrong.